Yarn shops are dangerous

Yarn shops are dangerous!
At least for people like me. =^x^=

There they are, all cropped together on the shelfs in the stores cupboard. Their wee voices calling and luring me. ("Take me home. I am so super soft. Oh look at my colours. Feel my texture.")
I wish I could take them all home! But alas my budget forbids me.

For a couple of custom orders I needed yarn in colours I do not have on stock. So this week I had to go to both yarn shops in town.
So it was Ribbels on Saturday. I could just stare at their wall of yarn all afternoon.
And 'n Steekje Los today, where I bought these sockyarns for a custom order dog sweater:




I wonder which yarn she'll choose!

Both shops are very lovely, because the women working there really know their business.
In general I would say Ribbels got the bigger assortiment. And would maybe appeal more to the advantaged knitter.
But  'n Steekje Los has more convenient opening times. And might appeal more to the beginning knitter.
And I am very happy to have 2 yarnshops in town!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing project for knitters: an interchangeable needle case.

DIY ear cushions for headphone / Crochet pattern

Sew Along - Worlds End Drape Shirt - part 1